During his playing career Shane 'Hammer' Heal was one of the most recognisable figures in Australian basketball.
At just 6 ft tall, Shane's talent and determination to succeed helped him stand out in a sport usually dominated by much taller men.
- Represented Australia at 4 Olympic Games – 1992, 1996, 2000 & 2004.
- Captained Australia at the 2004 Olympics Games.
- Represented Australia at 3 World Championships – 1987 (Junior), 1994 & 1998
- More total points and assists than any other player in the world at the 1996, 2000 & 2004 Olympics.
- NBA – Minnesota Timberwolves 1996-97
- NBA – San Antonio Spurs 2003
- 3 years in powerful Greek League – All Star in 2 years.
- Stint in Italian League
- 15 seasons in NBL
- 8 years NBL All Star
- Captain of Sydney Kings first ever Championship.
- Youngest player to ever score 1000 points in NBL.
- Once scored 61 points in NBL game.
- Scored 8 – 3 point baskets against the USA Dream Team at the 1996 Olympics.
- Return to NBL in 2006 with South Dragons as Player/Coach.
- Signed with NBL Team, Gold Coast Blaze for 2008 Season.
- Appointed Assistant Coach of the Australian Team in 2009
- Appointed Head Coach of the Sydney Kings in 2012